Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Product Review - Biotest Carbolin 19

Fat loss.

It's always going to be THE hot topic in nutrition, especially with the society we live in.

While most realise that it takes sound nutritional planning, hard training and great recovery to get the body of your dreams, some still crave a magic pill.

Or at the very least, a bit of a hand getting that extra edge!

Now I'm the first to tell anyone that looking for supplements to help you move towards your goals is the last thing that you should be looking at.

However if you have everything in line and are just looking for that extra couple of percent then there are a couple of products that I recommend (such as Indigo 3G if you're looking to manage your carb intake and Hot Rox if you're looking for a fat burner).

One of the other things I have been looking at is Biotests carbolic 19.


I started to look at Carbolin 19 a while ago before I tried Indigo 3G. My thinking was not to use the product as a fat burner but as a nutrient partner. While it isn't as potent as Indigo 3G it certainly has some good science behind it.

You can read the article on it HERE

As you can see by the article the supplement is designed to slowly and steadily move your body composition towards more muscle and less fat.

So what did I think?

To be honest my experience of Carbolin 19 was a very positive one.

I kept all macros and training exactly the same and simply added 3 capsules to my day. 2 just before a workout and one about 6-8 hours apart. The first thing I noticed was absolutely nothing.

I mean zero.

I noticed no effect for the first couple of weeks at all. Well nothing out of the ordinary fluctuations that I typically see. However I kept seeing my weight creep up, but my waist measurement go down (I keep an eye on this area as it's the the first place that I accumulate fat). And it kept happening.

I gained 4 pounds and had to scale back the amount I was taking as I was quickly moving out of my weight class (bigger people trying to kill me is no fun). I scaled it back to 2 caps a day and the results slowed down a bit, however I was still gaining when the bottle ran out.

Now I know that there is a lot of people out there who will scoff at 'only' 4 pounds in a month.

That's completely fine.

I know that there is a lot of people out there perma-bulking on gear that aim for a lot more than that. However I track everything to a very geeky degree and I know what variables effect me and what doesn't.

4 pounds as a natural athlete with no other changes is no joke.

Am I going to keep taking it?

Well no. the simple reason is that it isn't right for me or my goals. If I was looking to move up a weight class or didn't care about stepping on a scale for a competition then I would be straight back on it!

Is this for everyone?

If you want to increase the amount of muscle you are carrying while decreasing the amount of fat that you're carrying then I would recommend it (only if the rest of your training, diet and recovery are in order).

However if you are just starting out on your weight loss journey or are experienced, at the top of your weight class or aren't weight training seriously, I would give it a miss.

Just like any supplement, it can have very positive effects on you IF it's the right product and you know what you are doing!

Carbolin 19 costs £49.99 for 60 capsules and is available HERE

Stay healthy,

Mike

At Unorthodox Nutrition we pride ourselves on recommending the very best products to clients and everyone else! With so many bad and irresponsible products on the market, we are going to help you sift through them and pick the very best ones!

All of the reviews are;

  • Impartial. We are not affiliated with any of the companies we review. If we have worked for the company on a consult bases, it will be high lighted in the review.
  • We are not paid for any reviews. Each product has been either bought by ourselves or has been sent for test by the manufacturer.

If you would like to have a product reviewed please drop us a line via the contact form on this site or E Mail 

All of the product reviews are displayed on the site, blog, instagram, twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment