Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Dishonest coaches claiming 'natural status'.

Hey Guys,

Today I wanted to talk (well rant a little) about people either claiming or abusing the term 'natural'.

Now I know that there has been quite a lot of talk about this recently, especially in the aftermath of the Layne Norton vs Ice Cream fitness nonsense (for the record I don't know either but I respect the hell out of Layne for what he has achieved and I'm not a fan of the way Ice Cream fitness conducts himself). However this is just my opinion on a matter that is, and always will be, a hot topic in the sports/fitness world.

Now I have nothing against steroids at all. If you want to get as big/fast/strong as possible and don't compete in any kind of sport where they are against the rules go ahead. I even accept that some Olympians and top sports people are using them despite it being against the rules. This is just the world that we live in folks, people lie to earn more money.

I also know that taking a chemical does not take away from the hard work that you have to put in and the sacrifices that you have to make in order to reach the top of any sport.

I think that steroids can be done safely and can be beneficial to health providing you know what you are doing. This does not make make me pro steroids, I am neither for or against them (apart from when they are cheating in a sport. I'm against cheating).

What I am against however, is coaches, trainers, PTs or anyone who makes money from advising others, saying they are natural when they are not. I'm against cheats and liars. I'm against people conning other people with their physique. I'm against people turning a craft I love into underhand sales people.

Whether these people like to admit it or not, steroids DO change the rules. I've worked with people who use and people who don't, and it is a little bit harder without the chemical assistance. You need to know this! People need to know that the advice and training that they give a TRULY natural trainee (I'm looking at you, Growth Hormone and GHRP users...) can be very different from those who aren't using.

Now I get it, I really do. Steroids are illegal. No one in their right mind would declare all over social media that they use and they would avoid the questions all together if they were smart. It's those dishonest scum bags that run around going 'Look at the all natural results I got in only 2 weeks with my new super secret routine', that I have a problem with.

STOP IT.

STOP IT NOW.

I just want people to have some fucking responsibility and integrity.

Don't say things you're not.

Is that really that hard for grown men and women who want to make a living out of other people?

Probably...

Stay healthy,

Mike

PS shout out to all those great trainers and coaches that have some morals and do great work! You already know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment