Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Product Review - MyProtein Joint+

Hey Guys,

Today I want to talk about something that will really benefit all combat athletes!

All combat athletes know how much their joints can take a pounding. All the technique work, sparring, conditioning and strength work can leave our joints feeling like rusty gate hinges (especially after that magical 30 year mark).

So what to do?

What can help relieve the pain and soreness?

Apart from the usual things of taking more fish oil, foam rolling and taking hot baths there is now Myprotein Joint+


Here is what MyProtein have to say about it,

What is MP MAX Joint Plus?
MP Max Joint Plus provides a synergistic blend of Glucosamine HCL, Chondoritin Sulphate, MSM and Celadrin.
Benefits of MP MAX Joint Plus
MP Max Joint Plus also contains a number of antioxidant based ingredients such as Rosehip, Olive Leaf Extract (Oleuropein) and Curcumin. MP MAX Joint Plus also includes Hyaluronic Acid.
Ok, so that's a lot of big words but what does it actually mean?
Well the product is designed to reduce inflammation and swelling in joints that leads to a reduction in pain and stiffness. 
So did it work?
Well normally for my old joints I take a high dose of fish oil that relives any pain and stiffness (not to mention a whole host of other health benefits). It's only when I stop taking the fish oil do I feel stiffness in my joints. Because of this I decided to stop taking the fish oil while I tested the product to see if it had a direct impact on how my joints felt.
I took them for one month and felt no stiffness or pain in my joints despite increasing the amount of grip work I was doing!
The tablets are of an average size and have no after taste while taking them.
The bottle contains 90 caps at a serving of 3 caps per day. This means that you get a full months supply in the bottle. While this sounds like a basic no brainer, many supplement companies have started to reduce the servings in their products so that they can get more cash out of you over the month.
So to sum up,
  • They work.
  • They are good value for money
  • They are easy to take.

Stay healthy,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment