Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Monday 9 March 2015

Bit of a Catch Up

Hey Guys,

Today I wanted to just ramble on about what I have been up to recently.

Lately work has taken over a little bit so training has been on the back burner. I've been getting in 3-4 weight sessions a week, and 2-3 BJJ sessions. While this is a lot lower than I would like (especially on the BJJ end) it is still allowing me to move towards my goals (just a bit slower).

Training wise, over this last year or so my main goal is to get stronger. I'm more than happy with what I have achieved and hope to fit the following lifts in the next 2-3 months;

  • 3x body weight DL
  • 2.5 body weight squat
  • 1.5 body weight bench
  • Just under a 1.5 body weight Over head press.
These aren't amazing numbers, however I am over the moon with them considering where I was a year ago. I've done this with Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 and I will continue to run this, probably till the end of time. Over the next few months I will be concentrating on adding more volume in to get ready for the wedding/photo shoot/honey moon in September. I know that's vain, but at least I'm honest about it...

BJJ wise my progress has slowed to a crawl. The reason behind this is simply the amount of work I am putting in. While some people can make progress on 2-3 times a week I know that I need at least double that to feel as though I am progressing at a good rate. Unfortunately I need to prioritise my time at the moment and this is the thing that is taking the hit. This sucks a little bit, but as I look at my training and goals over the course of YEARS this isn't really such a big deal to me.

Nutrition wise things are going great. The main goal for the last 6 months has been to support training and improve my metabolism. Hopefully over the next 3 weeks I will hit the 3000 cals a day mark before I start a slow recomp. Yes my abs have pretty much gone and I am a few KG over my weight class (3kg to be exact) but this is worth it in the short term for the metabolism and strength benefits. Remember, we are thinking long term here, not some 6 weeks to super hero bullshit.

I will be updating things every couple of weeks pr so, but if anyone has any direct questions, just let me know.

Stay Healthy,

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment