Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Product Review - MyProtein White Kidney Bean Extract

Hey Guys,

Today I am reviewing MyProtein White Kidney Bean Extract.


This is a product from Myprotein that is designed to be a 'Carb Blocker'. The theory behind this is that if you take a dose of this product before ingesting a big carb meal, your body will not store the carbs and pass them through the body.

Here is what Myprotein had to say,

Carb Blocker is extracted from natural white kidney bean extract which is sourced from Phaseolus vulgaris. This is a herbaceous annual plant which originated in Central and South America.

This product contains 500mg of white kidney bean extract per 1 capsule serving and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.

Carb Blocker is recommended to consume before a meal, 1-2 times a day.

Plus Nutritional info and ingredients,

White Kidney Bean Extract (Phaseolus vulgaris.), Anti Caking Agent (Silicon Dioxide), Vegetarian Capsule (Hypromellose).

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

   Per Serving
White Kidney Bean Extract  500 mg



So this sounds pretty good! Imagine if we could control how our body absorbed certain nutrients! It would mean that we could then make great strides in keeping lean year round and undoing some of the damage of unplanned meals.

So how did I test it?

As I am currently on a very low carb diet, I use Keto strips to ensure that I am kept in fat burning mode (these are strips that I wee on that tell me how many ketones are in my system). The point being that if this product worked then I would see no change on the strips after a carb based meal.

So did they work?

Nope. 

As soon as I had any carb meal I was knocked straight out of ketogenisis. This happened on all carb meals regardless of size. because of this I can't recommend this product. As always this may be just me as supplementation is very individual.

The Carb Blocker can be bought from Myprotein for £9.99 for 90 capsules.

Stay healthy,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment