Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Monday 10 February 2014

Workout Nutrition

Hey Guys,

I like to blog about once a week but I couldn't help but drop a quick one about my current workout nutrition.


As you will know if you have been reading the blog, I have recently switched to using MyProtein products for my peri workout nutrition.

This is because that very recently they have released 2 products which are very interesting to me.

These are;
  • Peptopro
  • Pre Pare
Now Peptopro is a VERY fast acting protein (probably the fastest on the market in the UK) while Pre Pare is designed for endurance athletes. However it contains a very interesting carb called isomaltulose. It is these factors that have allowed me to push my training to a ridiculous level of intensity (longer training, super sets, drop sets, extra exercises, pump training AFTER sparring) and get leaner and stronger. At the moment I just can't get sore and believe me I'm trying! What I am doing isn't recommended by Myprotein so this ias all on me if I blow up or something.

The current dosage is as follows;

60 mins before training - 1 scoop Pre pare (33g), 10g L leucine
30 mins before training - 1 scoop Pre Pare
During training - 2 scoops Peptopro

Now thats over 500 calories just in the workout window (quite a bit) and I'm still getting leaner! As I'm trying to gain a little weight before the operation I'm having to add in an extra high carb day a week. 

I plan to keep pushing this even further as I think even greater gains are to made! Now if you are a client and reading this thinking 'why aren't I on this?!', I am testing it on myself and a few guinea pigs first.

More to come as we go!

Stay healthy,


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment