Some claim that you should get all of your nutrients from whole food and that adding a multivitamin to your diet as you're just wasting your money and making expensive wee.
On one hand I do agree with this.
You should aim for a well balanced nutrition plan that incorporates all of the macro (and micro) nutrients that you need to recover and stay healthy. Eating a wide variety of healthy, whole, nutritionally dense food is the ideal scenario that everyone should strive for.
However we also live in the real world. And in the real world people are creatures of habit and ease. Most people only rotate through about 6-10 meals a week. Because of this it's a good idea to have a multi vitamin just to plug any of the small gaps that your meals might miss.
This is where a multi vitamin comes in.
Recently I have been trying MyProteins V System.
The V System is a complete vitamin system that caters for the bodies need or certain types of nutrients at certain times of the day. You take 3 capsules in the morning and evening, each providing different vitamins to deal with your bodies demands at certain times of the day.
Here is what MyProtein had to say about it,
- Both tablets pretty much cover all bases so you know that your body is getting what it needs.
- Really like the Green Tea extract in the morning dose as it gave me a good kick.
- Also liked the inclusion of BCAAs in the evening dose to help with muscle recovery over night.
- High quality supplement.
- Tablet size. Uncomfortable to take and hard to swallow due to lack of coating on capsules.
- Urinating after the morning dose. It made my pee bright yellow despite how much I drank. Bit strange and a little unsettling.
- Cost. For most it is simply going to to high for a multi vitamin. However you do get what you pay for and it is a premium supplement.
- Would have liked a bit more Zinc and Magnesium is the evening dose to help aid sleep. While it is in there, it doesn't provide the same effect of taking regular ZMA.
This is a great supplement that I would highly recommend to athletes or people wanting to get a little extra out of their recovery.
You can get the V System from MyProtein for £14.99 for a full month serving.