Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Monday 25 May 2015

Diet Update

Hey Guys,

This week I have made a big change to my nutrition plan.

For the last few weeks I have mainly just been steadily lowering carbs (and calories) without following a specific plan. From now on I will be following the Get Shredded Diet by John Berardi (you can read up on it HERE).

I've ran this diet in the past and got great results. In the past I've played around a little bit with it to include some more carbs for BJJ training but we will adjust it depending on the results I see.

Next week I will be traveling through Egypt so things will be a little more tricky to stay on track. However nothing is impossible so here are the strategies I will employ to give myself the best chances of success,

  • Stay away from anything that isn't a lean meat or fresh veggie. This means no sauces, no red meat, no oils etc. Not that any of these foods are bad, it is just this gives me the best chance to control my calorie intake.
  • Train. I will be training pretty much every day either weights or conditioning circuits with a band.
  • I will drink LOTS of water. Double what I ma drinking now to stop water retention and to stay hydrated in the heat.
  • I will also be taking a few Quest Bars with me to help with keeping away the sweet tooth when confronted by mountains of free goodies.
  • Suck it up and remember what my goal is. 
Hopefully I will get the chance to update this blog while I'm there as I will still be working.

Stay healthy,

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment