Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Sunday 9 February 2014

Product Review - Alpha Brain

Hey Guys,

Today I want to talk about the product Alpha Brain.



Alpha Brain is a nootropic that is endorsed and promoted by such individuals such as Joe Rogan and Tim Ferris. 

Alpha Brain is marketed as a neural enhancer from Onnit labs. The idea behind it is that will will help you think more clearly, enabling you to focus on the tasks at hand and come up with solutions to problems easier.

Here is what their Website has to say;

What is it that separates the great minds from the good minds? Raw intelligence is a factor; but what else? Is it the ability to quickly access information? Is it the ability to efficiently store learned information? Is it the ability to induce connections between seemingly unrelated events? Is it the ability to stay focused and determined? The knack for staying calm in tense situations and driven towards your goals? If that is what makes a great mind, then Alpha BRAIN is the ideal brain food. Containing nutrients designed to help the body elevate levels of major neurotransmitters, Alpha BRAIN can help you to actualize your mind's true potential.
With a pretty impressive list of ingredients, I was looking forward to trying it out. Here is the ingredients list;
  • Alpha GPC: Raw source of acetylcholine, associated with sharpness, mental speed.
  • Huperzine A: Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, extracted from club moss.
  • Vinpocetine: Helps bring oxygen and nutrients to the brain via vasodilation.
  • AC-11®: Powerful DNA repair antioxidant.
  • Phosphatidylserine: Essential lipid compound highly abundant within brain cell membranes.
  • Bacopa: Traditional Ayurvedic brain-enhancing nutrient.
  • Pterostilbene: From blueberries, powerful micronutrient / antioxidant.
  • L-Tyrosine: Amino acid important to the production of Dopamine.
  • L-Theanine: Amino acid with chemical similarities to GABA.
  • Oat Straw (20:1): Natural anti-stress nutrient, helps balance formula and create calm focus.
  • Vitamin B-6: Catalyst in effective utilization of many nutrients.
I tested the product over the course of a month with the goal of wanting to feel 'sharper'. I do quite a bit of writing either late at night or very early in the morning, so I wanted something that would help me get in the 'zone'. People who do creative work often talk about 'flow'. This is where everything comes together and one aspect just flows into another, allowing you to perform intelligent, artistic work. This was the state that I was after.

I also wanted to try the product to give me lucid dreams. i often have a recurring dream were I can fly and would of loved to repeat it. I also had thoughts that this would help improve my jujitsu, allowing me to flow between positions, counters and transitions.


It didn't.

It did absolutely nothing and I mean zero.

I tried the stated dose as well as many different other ways to take the other product including;
  • Increasing the dose to more than double
  • Taking on an empty stomach
  • Taking with different foods and marcos
  • Spiking blood sugar prior to taking
  • Waking in a REM sleep to take
  • Taking with caffeine 
Nothing happened. Therefore I personally can't recommend this to anyone.

If you have had a great experience with this product or have an idea why it didn't work for me. Please don't hesitate to give me a buzz.

Stay healthy,


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment