Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Sunday 9 February 2014

Product Review - Roll Supreme Long Sleeved Rash Guard

Hey Guys,

Today I want to talk about the long sleeved rash guard from Roll Supreme.




I have previously reviewed Roll Supremes NoGi shorts and was very pleased with the product (you can find the review HERE), so I was looking forward to testing the rash guard!

Straight out of the box the rash guard looked fantastic. The bright white off set against the black was really something. The material was of good quality, not to thin, but not to thick to hinder movement. I've had a few cheap rash guards in the past and you can always tell which ones are going to fray or get holes as soon as you put it on. This wasn't the case here.

During rolling and drilling the rash guard did its job without stretching etc. No stitching came loose and no fraying occurred (I'm on the small side and have a lot of training partners on the bigger side so this is a really good thing).

The problem with white rash guards is well, they're white. In the sport of Jiujitsu the material is going to come into contact with blood, sweat (yours and others), tears etc. This means that it is not uncommon for white training clothes to become faded and dull after a couple of washes (or even worse, keep the stains). I had no such issue with the Roll Supreme rash guard. The material stayed a bright white after numerous washes and no marks were ever permanent.

In fact, the only slight problem I had was the fit was a bit weird for me. As I have a weird shaped body (short arms, long torso) I found that the rash guard would bunch up under my arm pits after a roll. I have had this in the past with previous rash guards but in the past it has rectified itself after a few washes. Unfortunately it didn't with the Roll Supreme rash guard. This isn't the end of the world, it is just slightly irritating to have to pull it down after every roll. I only tried the rash guard in a small, so a medium may have been a better fit for me, plus I have a few training partners that rock the Roll Supreme stuff and they haven't had this problem. It's just my damn T-rex body that was my undoing.

Over all this is a fantastic rash guard made by a local company with some great designs. I have been lucky enough to see the new stuff that Roll Supreme has dropping in 2014 and its some sweet stuff! I will be still be using this rash guard as a regular in my training kit and will certainly be hitting them up for some of their 2014 gear!

Stay healthy,

Mike

At Unorthodox Nutrition we pride ourselves on recommending the very best products to clients and everyone else! With so many bad and irresponsible products on the market, we are going to help you sift through them and pick the very best ones!

All of the reviews are;
  • Impartial. We are not affiliated with any of the companies we review. If we have worked for the company on a consult bases, it will be high lighted in the review.
  • We are not paid for any reviews. Each product has been either bought by ourselves or has been sent for test by the manufacturer.
If you would like to have a product reviewed please drop us a line via the contact form on this site or E Mail 


 All of the product reviews are displayed on the site, blog, instagram, twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment